/*Google Analytics code

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Look at Me Standing

Sorry guys, but this one really has to be short and sweet. Which is sad, because I actually have done a ton of stuff in the last two weeks. But I'm headed to Belgium in the morning and I haven't even started packing yet, so you're lucky to get whatever you do. In fact, I think I'll just make a list of all the things I did and maybe elaborate another time. Or not. We'll see.

July 9th: I had the day off, but Martina had to work a 12 hour day, so I helped out by going to Wannsee with her and her two boys. Wannsee is a big lake between my house and Martina's. And I gotta hand it to you Germany, it was actually pretty awesome, for a lake.

July 10th:  M and I went to Bambooland, which is a big indoor playground for kids.

July 11th: I was unexpectedly off. I honestly don't remember what I did. Probably nothing important.

July 12th: M and I went to the zoo and it was so cool! I still think I liked it more than her, but she at least had a good time, despite the rain.

July 13th: I worked in the morning. M and I went to the playground and Martina came to hang out with us there. I think we just spent that night at my apartment watching movies and eating ice cream.

July 14th: Didn't do much. Went out to a club with some friends and danced. Met a new friend from Turkey. (She was a couch surfer staying with our friends.)

July 15th: Nothing at all. Recovering from the previous night out.

July 16th: I didn't work until 4pm, so I slept most of the day, like a lazy bones. Hey, it was technically my vacation time after all.

July 17th: Went to the Ethnology Museum with M. I really enjoyed it, but it just wasn't a good place for a four year old. It sucks to be four and not be able to run, be loud, or touch anything.

July 18th: J didn't want to go to Hort so I had both kids. We were going to go to the planetarium (which I was so stoked for!) but J convinced M that it was stupid so we went to Bambooland instead. Hmph.

July 19th: I was supposed to leave for Kiel this day with Martina and her host family, but we found out at the last minute that they didn't need her to go along, so we ended up staying behind. At the time we still didn't know when Martina would be moving to Italy, so there was a chance that it would be her last weekend in Berlin and we decided to take advantage of it.

July 20th to 24th: We made a full run on Berlin. We hit our favorite free club, Soda Club, on Friday night (because Friday night is ladies night which means free entry and 7.50 euro worth of free drinks!). Saturday we relaxed and watched movies. Sunday we went to the Ritter Sport Schokowelt because I freaking love chocolate :) And then we went to the flea market at Mauer Park, another thing I'd been meaning to do since I got here. It was super cool. I'll definitely have to go again. Plus the weather was gorgeous (finally!) so we spent the afternoon just laying around the park, watching all the different performers that come to offer their art to anyone who will appreciate it. That night we made nachos for Becki and Stefan, as they requested. Guess we got some new Mexican food lovers on the bandwagon :) Then Monday we hit the ground running again. We went to Berlin's Madame Tussaud's and to the Sea Life exhibit, which ends in an elevator ride through an enormous fish tank inside the Radisson Blu hotel. It was a great time all around and it was good to finally cross some things off my "to see" list.

So that's the quick version for you. I'm off to Belgium in the morning for the Tomorrowland music festival. I am incredibly stoked! If you're interested, you can see what it's all about by watching last year's after video here.

And I do have another song for you! It's by a German band, but this one is actually in English. It has helped me through some of the low points (and even been enjoyed during the highs) of the homesickness cycle that I think will be a permanent part of the rest of my life. It's called Wonderful Life and is by a band called Seeed. Also, if you like their sound, I also recommend the song Ding. It's a little different style and is in German, but I love it.

P.S. I have loads of pictures from the last few weeks. I'll try and get them up as soon as I get back.

See you after Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment